Atomos Ninja V+ 5.2″ 8K HDMI H.265 Raw Recording Monitor:
If you’re shooting with an 8K camera, then why not record in 8K raw format using the Ninja V+ 5.2″ 8K HDMI H.265 Raw Recording Monitor from Atomos. The Ninja V+ is the same on-camera monitor/recorder as its predecessor the Ninja V 5″, but the Ninja+ now features a 5.2″ display and records and plays back up to 8K30 raw video to and from purpose-built mini-SSDs.
The Ninja V+ can record Apple ProRes RAW up to 8K30 or DCI 4K120 directly from the sensor, and it is compatible with an array of cameras. Display features include a 10-bit screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m² AtomHDR technology for accurate monitoring of your log gamma footage and support for popular log formats from Sony, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Nikon, RED, Sony, and Z CAM cameras.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja V+ features an aluminum chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, anamorphic de-squeeze, and focus assist tools. Separately available AtomX SDI, AtomX SYNC, CONNECT 4K modules, and an SDI raw license key further expand your Ninja V+ capabilities. Firmware update 10.81.00 supports faster Sony and Nextorage drive detection and optimizes audio while livestreaming, and when used with the optional CONNECT unit, it offers access to powerful cloud-based services.
Firmware Update 10.81.00
When combined with the optional CONNECT module, the 10.81.00 firmware update offers:
- Access to an array of new cloud-based video production services
- FRAME.IO camera to cloud (C2C) ability to simultaneously record both high-quality hero and efficient proxy files with matching filenames and timecode
- Faster Sony and Nextorage SSDmini drive detection
- Optimized audio when livestreaming
8K Raw HDR Monitor/Recorder
The Atomos Silicon chip, AtomIC3, AtomOS 10, and efficient Apple ProRes RAW work together to deliver up to 8K30 and 4K120 continuous ProRes RAW recording while maintaining the HDR, 4K60 raw, and 1080p120 slow-motion abilities of the Ninja V.
5″ Daylight Viewable Screen
The Ninja V+ features a 5.2″ IPS LCD screen illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood. Plus, the screen is also color-calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
Recording Codecs Including Raw over HDMI
- Record Apple ProRes and ProRes RAW with select cameras at rates up to 8K30 with select cameras and up to DCI 4K120
- Enables ProRes RAW capture with smaller, more cost-effective, mirrorless cameras
- Avid DNx compatibility enables wide camera and editing software compatibility
Bright 5.2″ Display with AtomHDR
- Display ten+ stops of dynamic range of your camera’s log image with AtomHDR
- 1920 x 1080 display with 1000 cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- 10-bit color processing and user calibration
- Supports custom LUTs
Compatible with virtually any HDMI source, including but not limited to:
- Canon C300 Mk II, C500, R5
- FUJIFILM GFX 100S, X-H2S
- Leica SL2-S
- Olympus OM-1, OM-D E-M1 Mark III/M1X
- Nikon Z6/6 II, Z7/7 II
- Panasonic AU-EVA1, GH5S, GH6
- Panasonic DC-S1, S1H, S5
- Panasonic DC-BGH1, DC-BS1H
- Panasonic VariCam LT
- Sigma fp, fp L
- Sony a7 IV, a7S III
- Sony Alpha 1 (ILCE-1)
- Sony FX3, FX6, FX9
- Sony FX700, FS5, FS7
- Z CAM E2, E2C, E2-M4, E2-F6, E2-S6
8K30 and 4K120 Capabilities
Record 8K30 or DCI/UHD 4K ProRes RAW at rates up to 120 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more filmlike aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high-quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling. A variety of bit rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
Record to standard 2.5″ SSD drives or to compact AtomX SSDmini drives offering up to 2TB storage. SSDmini drives offer read speeds up to 550 MB/s and write speeds up to 500 MB/s, capturing up to 150 minutes of 4K video on a 1TB drive.
- Apple ProRes RAW: Supporting 16-bit raw outputs from the camera via HDMI and optionally via SDI
- Apple ProRes: An industry-standard edit-ready codec from Apple with scalable compression levels
- Avid DNx: An industry-standard edit-ready codec for Avid editors with scalable compression levels
- H.265 (HEVC): A highly efficient compressed codec allows you to create high-quality files with a low bit rate and small file sizes ideal for sharing; it also creates 4K HDR 10-bit deliverables and has the option to ‘bake in’ LUTs to achieve the final pixel look without the need to grade the footage
The Ninja V+ supports anamorphic de-squeeze, allowing you to comfortably view anamorphic footage with 1.25x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 1.8x, and 2x ratios.
A wide variety of frame lines include:
- Cine-style 2.4:1, 2.35:1, 1.9:1, 1.85:1, and 4:3 versions
- Social media-style 9:16, 1:1, 1.91:1, and 4:5 options
Input/output audio via HDMI or add external audio via the 3.5mm Line In/Mic In port; output audio using the 3.5mm headphone port for convenient audio monitoring.
Optional Expansion Modules
- AtomX SDI Module for 12G-SDI input and output and HDMI/SDI cross conversion for up to 8K30 ProRes RAW video
- SDI raw activation key
- AtomX SYNC for wirelessly synced, timecoded multicamera capture
- Atomos CONNECT 4K for HDMI to USB conversion for streaming up to 1080p60
- ARRI Log CEI160, LogCEI200, LogCEI250, LogCEI320
- ARRI LogCEI400, LogCEI500, LogCEI640, LogCEI800
- ARRI Log CEI1000, LogCEI1280, LogCEI1600
- Canon C-Log, C-Log 2, C-Log 3
- FujiFilm F-log, HLG, JVC J-Log1, Lecia L-Log
- Nikon N-Log, Olympus OM-Log400/Flat
- Panasonic V-Log PQ (HDR10)
- REDlogFilm, RED Log3G10, RED Log3G12
- Sony S-Log, S-Log2, S-Log3
- Z CAM Z-Log2
- ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut, BT.2020
- Canon Cinema, DCI P3/P3+
- FujiFilm F-Gamut, JVC LS300
- Nikon N-Log, Panasonic V-Gamut
- Rec709, RED Color2/3/4
- RED DragonColor, DragonColor2
- Sony S-Gamut, S-Gamut3, S-Gamut3.cine
Wireless Remote Control
When paired with the SYNC module, the AtomRemote iOS/macOS app provides wireless control for a range of tasks and operations via Bluetooth LE at a range of up to 49′.
Record a time-lapse video as a single file. Available in ProRes, DNx, and ProRes RAW over HDMI or SDI. Time-lapse sequence options include
- Number of frames/seconds captured
- Intervals between frames/seconds/minutes/hours
- Duration of sequence in frames/seconds/minutes/hours